Nearly all travelers who seek thrilling journeys take the possibility to grow as a person while on trips. It reminds me of why schools take their students on field trips. The alternative learning experiences that students gain while traveling are incredible.
Downtown Dubai offers those looking for a break from routines of day-to-day life the chance to seize memories that can be appreciated years later. Downtown Dubai is a great place to be mesmerized and at the same time to reflect. Here’s a list of the ten best ways to spend your time in Downtown Dubai.
10 Best Ways to Spend Your Time in Downtown Dubai
#1. Visit Sky Views Observatory
To be honest, I haven’t been to this spot yet, but it’s on my bucket list. It’s a new attraction that piqued my interest a few weeks ago when we went to Dubai Mall for a booster shot for the COVID vaccine. I believe that Sky Views Observatory will provide us with a great bird’s-eye view of Downtown Dubai as well as an adrenaline-pumping experience. I have checked their website, and these are things they offer:
- Get a unique viewpoint – with fascinating 360° views of the city from 219.5 meters beyond Downtown Dubai.
- Dare to glance down – brave a heart-stopping hands-free leap of faith 53 floors above the ground.
- Let yourself go – experience a stupendous slide from floor to floor, outside the tower, and more than 219.5 meters up in the air.
- Round off a day of ecstasies and adventure, or just sample the city’s best views along with some of its most pleasing food.
That sounds like more than an adventure to me! Let’s see what we can find out!
#2. Visit At the Top
Okay, in Downtown Dubai, you will find one of my favorite places to visit – At the Top! My hubby and I visited this glorious spot once in the morning and planned to return during the evening or blue hour. At the Top is housed in the world’s tallest building. Yes! The Burj Khalifa. Consider yourself standing on the 125th-floor observation deck, embracing the wind’s gusts. It’s an adrenaline-pumping experience, especially thinking you’re in the world’s tallest building.
I truly enjoyed our visit to At The Top because I got to see the beautiful Dubai horizon. As my hubby and I are based in the UAE, I consider it my second home. Seeing Dubai’s dunes, sandy routes, man-made rivers, the sea, and everything else made me wonder how human life has progressed so far.
Check it out and book tickets here.
#3. Visit Wings of Mexico
Wings of Mexico is an “instagrammable” spot you don’t want to pass up. Many influencers and Tik-tokers come here to hone their skills on their digital projects. Even professional photographers would jump at the chance to take a stunning portrait in Wings of Mexico with the Burj Khalifa in the background.
#4. Visit Burj Park
Burj Park is a great spot to walk holding hands with your special someone or share secrets with your best pal. Not only that, but Burj Park is ideal for families who essentially want to spend quality time and create wonderful memories together. In any case, Burj Park is a brilliant place in Downtown Dubai to relax and unwind.
#5. Take a Selfie with Arabic Couple Statue
The Arabic Couple Status is Lufti Romein’s creative artwork “Together.” Every time I see this monument statue, I think of Emirati couples who are always welcoming. And enthusiastic about sharing their culture, traditions, and beliefs with the rest of the world.
The UAE is known for its tolerance advocacy. And each time I see this Arabic Couple Statue, I see their boldness in being open to being seen, as well as seeing and understanding others.
#6. Watch The Dubai Fountain
When I first arrived in Dubai, my first stop was at the Dubai Fountain and the Burj Khalifa light show. My hubby brought me there. Coming from a humble background in a developing country is a significant achievement! I felt it was romantic because it was our first sightseer visit together, a thousand miles away from home.
Today, whenever we see the Dubai Fountain and the Burj Khalifa light show, I notice that many couples, friends, family, and even solo travelers feel the same way. It’s awe-inspiring to see the water dance gracefully to the music. The lights dancing to great melodies on the face of the Burj Khalifa remind you of that carefree feeling you had as a kid.
#7. Do Some Food Tripping
Let’s be honest: as adventure-seeking travelers, we also travel to sample mouthwatering foods. Downtown Dubai is home to an overload of food chains, both lavish and budget-friendly restaurants. So I strongly advise you to do some food tripping in this district with your special someone, friends, or family. There are numerous options, and these are my few suggestions:
- P.F. Chang’s Dubai Mall
- Panda Chinese Dubai Mall
- Zouzou Dubai Mall
- Tanuki Dubai
- Granny’s Waffles
#8. Shop until you drop
If you are a traveler-shopper, then shop until you drop. Downtown Dubai is home to one of the world’s largest shopping malls- the Dubai Mall and the Souk Al Bahar.
Dubai Mall (DM) is full of amazing brand boutiques and high-end brands such as Gucci, Channel, Louis Vuitton, among others. DM has a variety of shops that sell clothing, shoes, bags, electronics, accessories, home and office depot, and other products.
On the other hand, Souk Al Bahar is an Arabic-style shopping center with antique, carpet, lifestyle shops, and waterfront dining.
#9. Visit Dubai Mall Waterfalls
Dubai Mall Waterfalls is an artificial art waterfall inside a huge shopping center. You got it! It’s inside Dubai Mall. It was designed by Singapore-based architectural firm DP Architects, who also designed the whole Dubai Mall, and was installed in 2009. The waterfall is four stories tall and runs the entire length of the Dubai Mall, and it features men sculptures diving from the falls.
#10. Take EndlessSelfies and Groupies
You betcha! Downtown Dubai has a plethora of sites ideal for endless selfies and groupies. However, tourists and visitors cannot use professional camcorders or similar devices unless a permit is obtained. But, using your smartphones or DSLR without a stand is perfectly fine.
Bonus: Visit Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
Dubai Aquarium is a 10M liter tank found on the Dubai Mall’s Ground Level. It is one of the world’s largest suspended aquariums. Dubai Aquarium is home to thousands of stunning aquatic animals from over 140 various species. And it is also home to beautiful sharks and rays, including one of the world’s largest collections of Sand Tiger Sharks.
Travel Tips When Strolling Around Downtown Dubai
- Between the months of November-March are the best for strolling and exploring. It’s not humid, and the weather is likely to be pleasant while out in the sun.
- Plan and create an itinerary, especially if you’re a first-time visitor, because the district is vast, and visiting in a single day will leave you exhausted.
- If you visit between January and February, make sure to dress warmly because it gets very cold, especially at night.
- A stroller is a brilliant idea if you have a toddler. Your beautiful baby can sleep if necessary, and you have a carrier for your essentials.
- Wear your best footwear that can give you much comfort while walking. For instance, Dubai Mall is a massive mall that requires a minimum of 13,000+ steps to explore on your own. However, you can pay extra for a taxi ride inside the mall.
- Best to bring an extra battery pack or power bank to recharge your gadgets if needed.
- The nearest Red line metro station is Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall Metro Station.
- You can rent a Careem E-scooter daily or weekly for you to roam Downtown Dubai. Make sure to register and download their app before the visit.
- I strongly advise you to use the offline map 2GIS (Google Pay & Apple Store). This map is extremely accurate, and it provides important details such as the best mode of transportation to use, the bus number to take, the name of the building, and other useful info.
- Always wear your incredible smile and enjoy your exploration!
To Wrap Up!
Downtown Dubai is a brilliant place to make memories as a solo explorer or with your loved ones. It is also a beautiful place to meet and make new connections because of its diversified community. So, I’m inviting you to come and visit Downtown Dubai, and let me know your experience!
Have a safe and lovely trip, Lounger!
Send Me Travel Suggestions, Tips, Destination Reviews, and Guides!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Appreciate your time hugely! If you enjoy this content, please continue to support by clicking the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends!
Your generosity is bliss in my heart! Your coffee treats will significantly help me in maintaining this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! – jeMiMa❤️