Happy Holidays, Lounger! Let’s live a healthy lifestyle today. I thought I’d share one of the light dishes I prepare for myself and my hubby. We eat this when we’ve had too much meat or fried foods. So, to detoxify and refresh ourselves, I steam fish and veggies.
Steamed fish is a low-calorie protein that will keep you fuller for longer without adding a lot of fat. So, this type of dish is best for people who want to lose weight. When we steam fish, we can retain so much of its vitamins and minerals that are often lost when we fry or sear it. Plus, it’s super delicious, so let’s dig into the recipe!
Here’s How to Cook a Delicious Steamed Tilapia Fish with Veggies
Other recipes to try: Simple Honey Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe, Satisfying Tuna Tofu Mayo Recipe, Pinakbet Recipe a Filipino Dish, Masala Shrimps and Mushrooms, Easy Lamb Shank Curry Recipe, How to Cook Delicious Kinamatisang Manok.
This steamed fish recipe is suitable for up to two persons, and it takes at least 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 Tilapia Fish
- Small Celery Stalk Diced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 10 grams Ginger
- Half small Onion
- 1 Small Carrot
- Broccoli Florets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cajun seasoning
- Tomato diced
- Half small Onion diced
- Green chili diced
- Maggie Savour Seasoning
- Soy sauce
- Black Pepper
Time to Cook our Delicious Steamed Tilapia Fish with Veggies
- First, toss celery, chilis, bay leaves, ginger, and water in a pan—meanwhile, stuff some onion, ginger, and celery into the Tilapia fish’s stomach. Season the Tilapia fish with salt, pepper, and the cajun seasoning of your choice.
- Set the steamer plate on top of the pan. And then arrange the Tilapia fish on a steamer plate with the julienned carrot and broccoli florets. Steam it for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Serve hot with rice and a dipping sauce!
To make the dipping sauce:
- Toss in the diced tomato, onion, and green chilis in a dipping bowl.
- Season with Maggie liquid savour and add some soy sauce.
- Season with ground black pepper to taste.
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Ochen’ Vkusno! Oishi!
- You can also season the fish with your favorite masala.
- Other vegetables that can be used include capsicum, cauliflower, string beans, and other green leafy veggies.
- When serving, season with a few dashes of lemon juice to add a sweet-sharp flavor.
Steamed Tilapia fish is super delicious and a healthier choice that I highly recommend you add to your week’s menu. Steaming does not require cooking oil. Therefore, you will avoid unwanted fats. Steamed Tilapia fish is very light and gentle on the palate, giving you a refreshing feeling! Happy cooking and stay healthy Lounger!
Send Me Easy Recipes, Cooking Tips, and VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Appreciate your time hugely! If you enjoy this content, please continue to support by clicking the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends!
Your generosity is bliss in my heart! Your coffee treats will significantly help me in maintaining this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! – jeMiMa❤️