Hello Lounger! I hope you are doing great, especially this holiday season! I haven’t shared an easy-to-make recipe in a long time. So, I’m excited to share Sarciadong Isda; a traditional Filipino dish served for lunch and dinner.
Sarciadong Isda refers to “fish with sauce.” Its sauce is made of simmered tomato and egg. This fish dish is one of my favorites because it is simple to prepare, inexpensive, and highly delicious! All of its ingredients are easily accessible on the market. So, let’s get started on the recipe!
How to Cook Sarciadong Isda?
Note: Check more delicious and easy home cooking recipes here!
This Sarciadong Isda recipe is suitable for two servings and takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
Here’s What You Need:
- Tilapia Fish Large
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 Green Chilis chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger cut thinly
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Patis (Fish Sauce)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Corn Flour
Time to Cook our Sarciadong Isda!
- Set aside two eggs that have been beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cut the Tilapia fish accordingly and season with salt and pepper. Coat it with cornflour—Cook the fish in a pan with cooking oil over medium heat. Once pan-fried, set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion, chilis, ginger, and tomatoes. Allow them to soften while cooking, and add a bit of water.
- After two to three minutes, season with pepper and Patis (Fish sauce). Add the scrambled eggs. And continue to mix gently.
- After a few minutes, add the pan-fried Tilapia fish and coat with the saucy sauteed tomato and egg.
- Serve hot with white rice!
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Ochen’ Vkusno! Oishi!
- You can use Milk Fish or Bangus as an alternative fish.
- Be cautious in using salt since you are using Patis or Fish sauce (which is already salty.)
- Refrigerate cooked tilapia in shallow airtight containers or wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap to maximize shelf life for safety and quality.
There you have it, Lounger! Sarciadong Isda is super delicious, and it’s a healthier choice of a dish compared to oily red meat. Tilapia fish is super rich in vitamin B12, which helps our body maintain our nervous system and produce red blood cells. This fish is also low in fat, making it the best addition to your week’s menu.
So, please try this easy-to-make recipe and let me know your experience. Keep healthy, Lounger!
Send Me Easy Recipes, Cooking Tips, and VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Appreciate your time hugely! If you enjoy this content, please continue to support by clicking the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends!
Your generosity is bliss in my heart! Your coffee treats will significantly help me in maintaining this blog site. Buy me a coffee here! You can also support us on Social: Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube! See you there! – jeMiMa❤️