Happy Monday, Lounger! Raw honey has several health benefits. It’s high in antioxidants, has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, aids in wound healing, and boosts our immune system. So, without a doubt, incorporating raw or 100 percent honey into our cooking would benefit our health.
I’m sharing my simple honey chicken with mushrooms recipe with you today! I like cooking this recipe because it’s easy and its ingredients are common in the market. Not to mention that it’s economical. So let’s dig into the recipe, shall we?
How to Cook a Simple Honey Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe?
Note: For more easy and yummy home cooking ideas, click here!
It takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Suitable for two people!
Here’s What You Need:
- 250 grams chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of 100% honey
- One Egg
- One tablespoon corn flour
- Cooking Oil (Canola)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 packets of tomato ketchup (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 can of Mushrooms (fresh is better if you have it available)
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Dashes of lemon juice
- Onion chives minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Time to Cook: Simple Honey Chicken with Mushrooms
- To get started. First, we need to coat our chicken cubes. Let’s add the chicken cubes, honey, ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, beaten egg, and cornflour into a mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Next, heat some oil in a frying pan. Let’s pan-fry the coated chicken cubes over medium-low heat until they’re a lovely brownish color, then set them aside.
- After that, reduce the cooking oil, and let’s start making the sauce with mushrooms. First, sautee onion and garlic until tender. Next, toss in the mushrooms and mix well.
- Following that, once the mushrooms are beautifully cooked, add the sauce mixture (soy sauce, brown sugar, water, tomato ketchup, chilli flakes). Give it a good mix to combine all of the ingredients and cook for about two minutes.
- Then, mix in the pan-fried chicken cubes. To finish, season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sesame seeds, dashes of lemon juice, and minced chives.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy your cooking and eating!
Masarap! Delicious! Svaadisht! Ochen’ Vkusno! Oishi!
- Remember to use fresh ingredients as much as possible instead of canned. Fresh produce is better for you. If you’re going to use canned mushrooms, like me, make sure there’s no added sugar for a healthier option.
- You can also use honey when making the sauce mixture instead of brown sugar.
- Keep unused ketchup packets from takeaways or deliveries which you can use later like what I did. =]
There you have it, Lounger! This simple honey chicken with mushrooms recipe is quick, economical, and mouth-watering! This recipe is ideal for quick dinners or lunches, and it can also be packed as a lunch at work or school for children. So please give it a shot and let me know how it goes! As always, stay healthy!
Send Me Easy Recipes, Cooking Tips, and VIP Freebies!
52Stirs.com respects your privacy. You may manage your subscription or unsubscribe anytime at your convenience.
Thank you for reading! If you like this content, please continue to support by hitting the like (star) icon, leaving comments, and sharing this post with your family and friends. Are you feeling kind and generous? You can buy me a coffee! Every coffee you buy will help me maintain this blog site. Again, thank you & praise God always! Xo, jeMiMa. ❤️